The purpose of this policy is to provide clear guidelines with respect to travel arrangements and expenses for AlphaSys Personnel (Consultants) working on behalf of a Client which are to be reimbursed by the Client.
The Client will reimburse AlphaSys for travel related “Reimbursable Expenses”, as that term is defined in this document, which are reasonably and necessarily incurred by AlphaSys in performing the Services prescribed in the Project scope. All travel must have written authorisation from the Client prior to commencement of travel.
The following policies shall govern Consultant’s accrual of travel related expenses:
- Travel Receipts: A receipt or other similar and appropriate written evidence must substantiate all Consultant expenses submitted for reimbursement under the Agreement. A valid receipt or other similar and appropriate written evidence must show the following:
- Description of the expense (location, activity)
- Date(s) the expense(s) were incurred
- The type of expense, and
- The amount of the expense
- Types of expenses which are eligible for reimbursement are;
- Airfare expense
- Train expense
- Accomodation expense
- Meal expenses
- Car Hire expense
- Mileage expense
- Other incidental agreed expenses
Permitted Travel Expenses
- AlphaSys will find the lowest available direct (non-stop) routed economy class fare. Travel in a higher class of service than this is permitted, however reimbursement will be limited to the fare equivalent to the lowest available.
- Baggage fees, including oversize and/or overweight if transporting equipment, materials, or supplies required for the project being undertaken by AlphaSys.
- Airfare may only be invoiced following completion of travel.
- Travel arrangements should be made 7 or more days in advance of domestic travel and 14 or more days in advance of international travel.
- Economy or business class train travel is permitted, using the most direct route. An Opal statement can be submitted for this claim.
AlphaSys Consultants booking accommodation in connection with project travel will seek to locate accommodation in close proximity to the intended destination (e.g. location of meeting, conference) so as to minimise the cost of travel between hotel and place of business.
Daily Claim maximum per person: $200 or as otherwise agreed with client.
The daily per person reimbursable maximum for meals is $60 or as otherwise agreed with client. The maximum amount includes any daily combination of meals and beverages (non-alcoholic only, snacks not included). This amount is a daily maximum, not a per diem.
- Taxis are preferred; Uber or other ridesharing services are also permitted, if the cost is lower.
- If travelling for more than a day, renting a car is preferred. A medium sized vehicle is appropriate; larger is permitted if for a valid business.
- If two or more personnel are traveling, then all such individuals shall use a single rental vehicle, whenever feasible.
- If the AlphaSys Consultant refuels the vehicle before returning it to the rental agency, the cost of petrol is reimbursable with a receipt. If not, then only the car rental fees will be reimbursed.
- If using a personal vehicle, mileage may be invoiced at the rates outlined below.
- To receive a mileage allowance, the AlphaSys Consultant is required to log the vehicle’s mileage and date at the beginning of the vehicle’s use for Consultant’s performance of Services, together with the mileage and date such use ends for a particular activity (e.g., driving to and from the job-site).
Cents per Kilometre
Other Incidental Expenses
The Client shall reimburse AlphaSys Consultants for reasonable and customary travel expenses (e.g., parking fees, cab fares, motor tolls, phone usage, and reasonable incidental expenses), up to an equivalent of $50 or as otherwise agreed with client per day. Original receipts are required for all expenses claimed.
Expense claims will be submitted within 14 days of conclusion of travel for approval using the AlphaSys Expense Template.
Payment of Expense Claims
Payment is expected on within 14 days of invoice unless otherwise agreed with the Client.