Restore Deleted Files
With a few clicks you can restore files that have been deleted from Dropbox:
- Log in to Dropbox via your web browser. If you have Dropbox installed on your computer, you can right click on the Dropbox icon in the system tray, and then click on the web/world icon:
- Navigate to where the folder or file should be.
- Click on “Show deleted files” on the right hand side of the page
- Deleted files will be shown.
5. To restore, click on the menu button, and select Restore:
Restore File From Version History
Similar to this process is restoring version history. If you realise you have saved over a file you require, you can use the menu button adjacent to the file to browse the version history. This process can be started from your computer by right clicking on the file and selecting version history:
- View files from Dropbox website. Click on the menu button and select "Version history”
- You will be able to see the entire history of file changes and restore the appropriate version: