Available in ProntoPayments version 1.281.0 and above
NB. Only certain Payment Gateways allow refunds. Please check with your Gateway provider whether they do this.
NBB. At this time, ProntoPayments processes Credit Card refunds for all gateways. As of December 2018, Bank Account refunds for Ezidebit can be done from Salesforce, however other if you are using another gateway, it must be done manually in the Gateway, and a manual refund created in Salesforce to reflect.
If a partial or whole refund needs to be issued, it should be created in Salesforce and then pushed to the Gateway by ProntoPayments.
The Refund is to be issued from the original Payment Transaction Record, off the Opportunity.
There are 2 different ways of doing refunds, depending on whether the refund is by Credit Card, or Manual (all other payment methods)
Once the Refund is created, a negative amount opportunity will also be created under the same Contact/Account, and a corresponding negative amount Payment Transaction, for reporting balancing.
Credit Card Refunds or Ezidebit Bank Account Refunds
1. From the Opportunity, go to the related list of Payment Transactions and click on the one with Payment Status 'Success'
2. Click the Refund Payment button in the drop down list on the top right.
3. Edit the Amount (if required) to be refunded and press "Refund Payment"
4. You will see a pop up window with Refund Status: Transaction Approved.
5. An ASPayment Refund record will be created and the original Payment Status will change to "Refunded", which will also show on the Original Opportunity related list.
5. From the AS Payment Refund (which can be located on the related list of the original Payment Transaction)
you can see the link to the Refund Opportunity created, with the negative amount of what was refunded. (NB this is a different screenshot example from above)
1. From the Opportunity, click through to the Payment Transaction
2. Check that the Payment Status was originally 'Success'
3. Under the Related Lists, click the New Payment Refund button (not the Refund Payment button)
4. Enter the Refund Amount and click Refund.
5. An ASPayment Refund record will be created and the original Payment Transaction Status will change to "Refunded", which will also show on the Original Opportunity.