From time to time you may need to edit the payment source on a Recurring Donation. This may be for a number of reasons such as a Donor's credit details changing, or cards expiring etc. The following steps are a guide to help you in the process of editing the Payment Source on a Recurring Donation.
Note: Recurring Donations only appear in NPSP packages only
1. Search for your donor by typing their name in the Search bar at the top of the page. Click Search. (Alternatively, if you want to View all Recurring Donations at once check out this helpful article).
2. The Contact's details will appear on your page. Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right corner of the page and click Manage Payment Source.
3. It will lead you to the Payment Source page. Choose the Payment Source you want to use. If there are no available Payment Sources, click on the New Payment Source button.
4. Choose the New Payment Source.
5. You will also need to add in the appropriate banking details if you selected Bank and Credit Card details if you selected Credit Card. Click Save.
6. You should see the new Payment Source you created.
7. Go to the Recurring Donation and scroll down to Payment Source. Click on the Edit icon.
8. Choose the Payment Source you want to use. Make sure that a Gateway is also selected in order to save the new Payment Source. Click Save.
After completing these steps you will have successfully edited a Payment Source on a Recurring Donation. For more assistance or information about Recurring Donations check out our Frequently Asked Questions.