To Install this Application
1. Install the package in Salesforce using the installation link.
Setting up the Security Key in Salesforce
1. First, please use the link provided to download and install this application.
2. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup and select Certification and Key Management under Security Controls (you can type in “key” or “certification” into the Quick Find bar).
3. Select “Create Self-Signed Certificate”
4. Under “Label”, please name this SalesforceXeroCertificate and click “Save.
5. You will be taken back to the Certificate and Key Management page - click on the certificate you’ve just created and select “Download Certificate”. It will save a .cer file to your computer - please keep this for step 6, where you’ll upload it to your Xero account.
Adding ProntoXero to your Xero account
1. In your browser, navigate to https://login.xero.com. Login to your Xero account and go to this page: https://developer.xero.com/myapps. It will take you to the Developer area of Xero, even if you are logged into the normal Xero interface.
- In the following steps, we’ll link your Xero account to your Salesforce via adding the ProntoXero application to your Xero account.
- In “My Apps” in the Developer view, click New App.
2. Select “Private App”. In the popup window fields:
- Enter “ProntoXero” in “App name”
- Enter the name of your organisation in “Organisation”
3. In “Drag your certificate file here, or click to select it”, if you have the security key file (.cer) in an open File Explorer/Finder window, you can simply drag and drop the certificate file into the “Public Key” box; otherwise, you can click the box and it will open a popup window for you to upload the file directly.
4. If you have Payroll enabled for your organisation, please check the box “Enable Payroll API for this organisation”
- Check the box to agree to the “Xero Developer Platform Terms & Conditions"
5. Click “Create App.”
Completing ProntoXero Setup in Salesforce
1. In Salesforce, navigate to the Xero Configuration Tab under Xero Integration
- Under “Name”, input the name of your Xero Account (e.g. “AlphaSys Xero Org”)
- Under “Consumer Key”, enter the key that you were given earlier when you added the ProntoXero app to your Xero account.
- Click “Save”.
3. The system will then try to connect to your Xero account. Once connected, you will able to proceed with retrieving data from Xero. The connection will now show up in the “Configuration List Connection” in the “Xero Configuration Setup”.
Please note you can add multiple Xero Accounts to your Salesforce organisation.
4. You will need to then retrieve the following objects from Xero in order to correctly sync records between Salesforce and Xero: Account Code, Item Code, Currency, Tax Rate, Tracking, Branding Theme.
These are all located in the left hand menu of the Xero Configuration of Pronto Xero.
5. Click into each tab and select “Retrieve” to sync available data from your connected Xero organisation. It will look as below when successfully synced (using Account Code as the example).
6. For the Account Code and Tax Rate tabs,, you must select default values after each retrieval from Xero. This is needed for converting opportunities into invoices.
- To do this, simply select a value from the list that comes up after retrieval. A popup box will come up, click “OK”.
- The example below has “Freight & Courier” selected for the default value.
- You can reset the default value after each retrieval (it’s basically a refresh).
Configuring ProntoXero Setup
- Status to Sync: This is the status of the Xero Invoice in Salesforce that will be marked to sync to Xero, i.e. if Status to Sync is set to “Authorised”, only “Authorised” status Xero Invoice records in Salesforce will sync to Xero.
- It is NOT be the default setting for individual invoices that you sync to Xero manually.
- Frequency of Pull from Xero: Contact, Invoices, and Credit Notes Xero will sync to Salesforce automatically at the interval specified in this field.
- Frequency of Sync to Xero: Accounts, Invoices, and Credit Notes in Salesforce will sync to Xero automatically at the interval specified in this field.
- Please note that ONLY invoices in Salesforce with the same status as “Status to Sync” will be synced to Xero.
- Batch Convert Opportunities: clicking this button will create Xero Invoice records in Salesforce for all Opportunities marked Closed Won, which will then sync to Xero according to the Frequency of Sync to Xero scheduler. The status of the invoices will be the same as the value set in Status to Sync.
- Auto Creation of Xero Invoices from Closed Won Opportunities: when turned ON, this will automatically create invoices from Closed Won opportunities which are uploaded to Salesforce.
- Xero Org: Use this to select which Xero organisation/account you wish to sync your Opportunities to - please note you can only sync to one account at a time, even if you have multiple Xero organisations linked to your Salesforce.
- Default Invoice Status: This will be the default status set for Opportunities converted to Xero Invoice records in Salesforce.
- Default Xero Accounting Tax Type: This will be the default tax type set for Opportunities converted to Xero Invoice records in Salesforce. It is the equivalent to the “Amounts Are” field in an invoice in Xero.
- Invoice Default Due Date: This is the number of days that the invoice is due, from the date of invoice creation. It is the equivalent to the “Due Date” field in an Invoice in Xero.
- Retrieve contacts, invoices and credit notes from Xero to Salesforce automatically
- Create accounts and invoices in Salesforce and replicate them to Xero automatically
- Convert opportunities to invoices and replicate them to Xero
- Note: Only Opportunities with Line Items will generate invoices, and the Opportunity Product's Line Description field is required to sync the generated invoice to Xero. To enforce this, we’d recommend you to edit the Opportunity Product page layout and make the Line Description a required field.