The Nonprofit version of ProntoPayments deals with Opportunities as the Donation, whether as a one-off donation or a recurring gift. By downloading an ABA Batch file for an opportunity, it will create a Payment Transaction record as the transaction record with status of Success/Fail, and Close Won/Lost the opportunity as appropriate.
The very first step is to set up an ABA Payment Source - this can be done through either ProntoPayment Settings or via the Opportunity itself.
Setting Up the ABA Payment Gateway
ProntoPayment Settings :
- Find the ProntoPayments Settings tab and click the gateway tab on the left
- On the top right side of the page, click "New Gateway" and select the "Payment File" option.
- The Gateway name is what will appear when selecting payment sources so make sure it will be recognised in accordance with the bank account. Ensure Batch Format is "ABA Bank" and it is "Active".
New Gateway via Opportunity
- Scroll down to ProntoPayments Information on the Opportunity and select New Gateway and select the "Payment File" option.
- The Gateway name is what will appear when selecting payment sources so make sure it will be recognised in accordance with the bank account. Ensure Batch Format is "ABA Bank" and it is "Active". (See "ProntoPayment Settings" image above for details)
Selecting the ABA Payment Gateway for Opportunities
After the payment source has been set up you will need to assign the appropriate payment source to the opportunity.
- Click the opportunity and scroll down to the "ProntoPayments Information" section.
- In the "Search Gateways..." tab, type in the Gateway Name that was just created.
- Select the correct Gateway and save the opportunity.
Creating a new Batch
There is a tab on the ProntoPayments App for PP Payment Batch, from where you can click the New Batch button on the top Right hand corner.
Select the Payment ABA File Record Type
From the next screen, you can select which opportunities are to be included in the ABA Batch file. There are filters for Gateway, Close Date of the Opportunity, Payment Type (Credit Card or Bank Account). NB Only opportunities of the same Payment Type can be added to a single Batch. Tick the boxes and click "Add to New Batch" to start a new batch.
Note: Ensure each opportunity selected has the correct ABA Payment Gateway before proceeding
On the New Payment Batch page, you can give the Batch a name. Best practice is to enter the Type of Batch, Payment Type, Gateway and Date as the name e.g "ABA Bank Account Eway 1/9/2017".
The Payment Batch Status will default to Open, and there is the option to add a Transaction Fee Per Record here, as well as a manual adjustment field for rounding.
Should you need to add more opportunities, you can click the "Back to List" button, and then tick more opportunities and click the "Add to Batch" button.
Once the batch is ready for processing, you can click the "Attach ABA File button", which will automatically save the batch, and direct you to the Notes & Attachments page where you click the title to download the ABA File.
This is a view of the Batch Record which has a status of "Processing", and it lists the opportunities which have been added to the batch.
The PP Payment Batch Name and Batch Status will be added to each Opportunity Record.
Click here to read the article about how to complete the processing of the Batch on receiving the responses from the Payment Gateway/Bank/Processor.