Feature: Using Process Builder within Salesforce to build workflows. The Workflows are only triggered by an action by the user, i.e creation or edit of an object.
- Select 'Setup' -> 'Create' -> 'Workflow & Approvals' -> 'Process Builder'
- Click the New button to launch the Wizard to create a Process.
- Fill in the Name and Description and select an option for the Process Starts when.
- Build the Process by selecting an Object on which to run your workflow, and choose one of the 2 options for starting the process, either Only when a Record is Created, or When a Record is Created or Edited.
- Enter Criteria for the workflow.
- In the pop up side window, enter a Name for the Criteria, select the execution criteria, set your Filter conditions, and Choose the Condition logic.
You can add multiple Conditions and change the operator e.g equals, does not equal, starts with, ends with, contains, is null, is changed.
- These are the definitions of the Type field;
String = freetext
Reference = refer to another field, including on another Object
Formula = construct a SOQL formula - remember to click the Build Formula Button, and then Use This Formula button when you have written it
Boolean = either True or False
- Under Advanced, tick the Execute actions only wen specified changes are made to the record check box
- Click Save
- Add an Action by choosing either an Immediate Action or Scheduled Action.
- For an Immediate Action, click Add Action
- Select the Action Type
- Enter the Action Name, then select the record you want to have the action performed on.
- Select criteria for updating the records, then set which fields to update and how to update them e.g Update the Contact.MailingStreet by Referencing the Account.BillingStreet
- Click Save
- Activate your workflow to let it run.
- NB. Once a process is activated, it cannot be edited. If you need to make edits to an activated process, follow these steps: (1) Clone the process as a version of the current process; (2) make changes to the cloned process; (3) activate the new version.