ProntoDI is a managed package tool for importing donation records and creating them as Opportunities in Salesforce. It will map (or connect) fields from the CSV file to the appropriate fields in Salesforce and then upload them.
Note: when importing dates, make sure the format is YYYY-MM-DD
1. Open Donation Importer from either the App launcher.
2. Click Import Templates to create a new import mapping template.
3. Upload sample CSV file by clicking ‘Browse’.
4. Name the mapping according to the donation template that will be uploaded with this mapping, and specify the Default Payment type for the donations being uploaded.
5. Map Salesforce fields to the CSV fields. Select which fields will be unique identifiers for finding contacts that already exist (first name, last name and email are recommended).
Note: You can use the GAU.code Salesforce field to specify the GAU where donation money is to be allocated.
6. Once the mapping is created, click ‘Donation Upload’, choose mapping in the drop down menu, and click ‘Browse’ to select a file to upload.
7. Select the relevant ‘Opportunity Record Type’ (external donation), ‘Opportunity Stage’ to assign all donations to, ‘Action on Account/Contact Match’, and then click ‘Upload’.
8. For Soft Credits, set the client you want soft credits to be assigned to.
9. You can update the related campaign to show who participated and responded.
10. Click ‘Upload' to process. An email will be sent to confirm when it is completed. Or you can check on the Recent Donation Imports tab to see the status or view the error logs.
Download the template below