This requires administrator rights, and is used when there are problems with running Microsoft Office, e.g. applications in the suite are not opening or responding, or there are error messages.
Quick Repair detects and replaces corrupted files and will require around 5-10 minutes to complete. Online Repair does an uninstall and complete repair, which takes around 20-30 minutes.
1. Right-click 'Start' and go to 'Control Panel' > 'Programs and Features'.
2. Select 'Microsoft Office 365' and click 'Change/Repair' in the command bar.
3. The Repair Wizard will appear. Select an option and click 'Repair'.
4. The repair process is straight-forward following the wizard.
Note that you’ll need to save your work and close all Office programs first, and then click 'Repair'.
5. The repair experience is similar to a fresh installation. The amount of time it takes will depend on your connection speed and what the issue is.
6. Restarting the computer is required when the repair is finished.