This process requires the configuration of a View template, followed by the application of this template to all folders in the Inbox. To create a view where the folder location of an email, a Column for arrangement by “In Folder”, must first be added.
Adding a Column
- From the Ribbon, click on View and then Add Columns.
- Under the “Select available columns from:” drop down menu, select “All Mail Fields”.
- Under the “Available columns:” selection pane, choose “In Folder” and then click on Add. “In The order of columns can be modified here if required. Click OK to confirm.
- The “In Folder” column appears at the end in this instance.
- This is now a customised view that can be saved and applied to all subfolders.
Creating a View
- In the Ribbon, click on View, Change View and then “Save Current View As a New View…”
- The View name can be customised. After entering a name, click OK.
- Select the current view from Change View, and then click on “Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders…”. If this option is greyed out, click on the Inbox or a folder in the Inbox first and try again.
- Your account should be ticked, therefore all that is required is to tick the checkbox to “Apply view to subfolders” and then click OK.
- The custom View should now be applied to all folders in your Inbox.