1. To create a new report in Salesforce, click the 'Reports' tab.
2. Click 'New Report'.
3. Select the Report Type (you can use the search bar to find the report type you require). Click 'Create'.
4. Drag fields from the left-hand pane and drop them in the filter and/or preview the section to build your report.
5. On the report building screen, the maximum number of records that will display is 50.
6. Click 'Run Report'.
7. The report will then display.
8. To save the report, click 'Printable View' and save as a .xls document.
9. To open the report, right click the folder you saved it to and select 'Properties'. Check the box next to 'Unblock' and click 'OK'.
10. You can now open and view your report in Excel.