To simplify the process of submitting information to the Department of Social Services (DSS), ProntoCase provides integration via their Data Exchange.
The design and architecture of ProntoCase is based on the DSS requirements. The DSS High Level Structure provided in the "Data Exchange System Web Version No: 1.3 Service Technical Specification" document is below.
An outline of mapping between DSS data and Salesforce objects (including which entity is the master) is below.
|DSS Data||Salesforce Object||Relationship|
|Organisation||N/A||One Salesforce instance per organisation.|
|Outlet||Outlet||Created and managed in DSS, one way sync to Salesforce.|
|Activity||N/A||Managed in DSS, not created in Salesforce.|
|Outlet Activity||Outlet Activity||Created and managed in DSS, one way sync to Salesforce.|
|Case||Client Case||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
|Case Client||Client Case Member||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
|Client||Contact||Created and managed in Salesforce (recommended to use Client record type), one way sync to DSS.|
|Session||Session||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
|Session Client||Session Participant||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
|Session Assessment||Session Assessment||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
|Client Assessment||Client Assessment||Created and managed in Salesforce, one way sync to DSS.|
For scenarios of the one way sync from DSS to Salesforce, this is performed via manual action by an authorised Salesforce user when required. It should only be performed in scenarios where outlets or outlet activities are created/modified/deleted via the DSS portal, or if the data in Salesforce is out of sync with DSS.
In situations where Salesforce pushes data to DSS, the logic is as follows:
- Record is created/modified in Salesforce
- Record is marked for sync with DSS
- On a periodic basis (frequency/timing set up in ProntoCase settings) or when manual sync is forced, Salesforce will attempt to connect to DSS via their API
- On successful connection, Salesforce will push relevant data to the DSS portal in hierarchical order of Client, Case, Session, Case Member, Session Participant, Session Assessment, Client Assessment
- If the record already exists in Salesforce, an update will be performed
- In the event that the DSS API is unavailable or the exchange of data is not successful, Salesforce will continue to mark the records for sync until successful
- The status of the DSS sync will be marked on each relevant record, including the last successful sync date
System User Login