Error Type: Known Error
If you are trying to donate online using a ProntoGiving donation page and receive an Authorization Required force.com error message saying:
"You must first log in or register before accessing this page. If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it."
This is due to a Duplicate rule having 'Alert' selected as the Operation on Create or Edit.
When Alert is selected, Salesforce displays an alert banner, however the donation page is a public page and cannot display the internal error message, which is why it requests you log in to Salesforce.
Behaviour of online donation form when duplicate rule with Fuzzy match and Alert is created;
- Michael Smith is a first time donor. No Contact match is found. Therefore SF allows the creation of the Contact with no alert.
- Donor is a return donor. Their details exactly match what’s in Salesforce (i.e. Michael Smith with email). ProntoGiving is able to see that the first name, last name and email exactly match. Therefore no duplicate record is created but instead the new donation record is attached to the existing Michael Smith.
- Donor is a return donor but writes their name differently. Michael has written Mike Smith. Therefore the ProntoGiving auto match does not happen. Salesforce assumes it’s a new Contact. However when it creates the new Contact, the duplicate rule is activated using fuzzy first name. While the Contact is allowed to be created, the alert needs to be displayed. However because it is on a public page, the public user does not have permission to view the alert leading to an error.
How to Resolve Issue
Resolution of this issue can be done by the following:
- Update this duplicate rule to not alert on create/edit.
- Update this duplicate rule to only alert if there’s an exact match (ProntoGiving won’t allow the creation of a duplicate exact match).