The First Major release for 2018 (version 1.369) brought some exciting additions to the existing features of ProntoGiving.
- Added run batch and schedule batch receipting options in PGiving Settings > Schedule Process
- Modified Batch Fields to make it dynamic fields (fieldset)
- Created mapping in Batch Donation Form and Batch Donation Item fields
- Added dollar handles for Donation Pages/Forms
- Added Process Payment button (popup VF)
- Added PayFlow Credentials in ProntoGiving Settings, default is Mode = LIVE
- Added paypal option in Donation Wizard, Page and Form
- Added Dishonour Fee in Donation Wizard, Page and Form
- Added validation in Batch Input: "Each item should have either Contact or Account."
Read below for details about the new features. Please contact your Account Executive if you have any questions about the features.
- QuickDonate 1.0 requires user to click ‘Save and Manage Allocations’ before specifying allocations
- QuickDonate 2.0 allows users to specify allocations within the same form.
- QuickDonate 1.0 and 2.0 allow users to specify in a checkbox whether the send the receipt via email.
Save and New
- QuickDonate 2.0 includes a ‘Save and New’ button to allow users to make multiple donations easily.
- Conventional logging of donor’s information is through looking up to existing contact or organisation. You could even create a new contact or organisation to link the donations.
- Barcodes allow users to log donations based on the donor’s barcode.
- This can be done through assigning any Campaign Member field as the barcode - Set up through ProntoGiving Settings.
Process Payment VF
Process Payment Button
- New ‘Process Payment Button’ added to allow users to check and verify the required information before processing the payment.
- Fields can be modified before clicking the ‘Process Payment Button’
- Extra Step added to Donation Wizard where images and description can be added in each amount.
- To upload images - upload in Documents tab first and select images in the dropdown within the wizard
- Note: Images and Description are no required fields.
- An option is added to specify dishonour fees for each gateway and also an checkbox allowing you display that fee or not.
- Added option as payment processing often varies in each gateway and some don’t even have it.
- Users can now add a maximum of 2 disclaimers to donation page.
- These disclaimers will be displayed in the Confirmation Page (p.g 2 of donation process).
- The disclaimer check boxes must be ticked in order to enable the ‘Donate Now’ Button.
Payment Via Paypal
- Payflow credentials can be set up in ProntoGiving Settings.
- Easy-switch added to set PayFlow to TEST or LIVE mode.
- An option added in Donation Wizard to allow donors to Pay with PayPal as their payment option.
- Note: Option only available for One-Off donations and public donation URL.
- Note: If Login with PayPal is not visible in this step, in Donation Form custom object > One Off Payment Type, add “Login with PayPal”
- If selected, the next step will allow users to specify which PayFlow Credentials to use.
- This is where the payments will go.
- ‘Use Default PayFlow Credentials’ checkbox allows user to use the pre-defined credentials set in ProntoGiving Settings.
- Another option is given to the user to use credentials other than the one defined in settings.
- Same settings as QuickDonate2.0 : See QuickDonate2.0 → Barcodes
- Create batch input template, display Barcode field on the form
- Create batch donation using the template
- Barcodes in Batch Input allows user to input the barcode only, then the contact is automatically populated
- Note: Contact only because Barcodes query the Campaign Member object which is linked to a Contact.
Unique Contact/Account Field Name
- Unique ID Contact Field Name - any field in Contact that user wants to be the unique identifier (Field API Name)
- Unique ID Account Field Name - any field in Account that user wants to be the unique identifier (Field API Name)
- Create batch input template, display Unique Account ID and Unique Contact ID fields on the form.
- Create Batch donation using the template
- Unique Contact/Account ID in Batch Input allows user to input the unique value, then contact or account is automatically populated.
Dynamic Fields in Template Creation
- Input fields displayed are dynamic, based on the Batch Donation Form Field Set
- Note: Custom fields that are added in the Batch Donation Form, add the field(s) to this field set.
- Since template fields are dynamic, Batch Donation Form and Batch Donation Items need to be mapped
- Allows selected/predefined values displayed in batch donation items when creating the template.
- Note: Amount is required
- When mapping a lookup field (text field but lookup in nature), put “reference” as the Type.
- Create the batch input template
Pause Donation Button
- A pause donation button has been added
- Note: Next Donation Date is required.
Schedule Automatic Activation (Unpause)
- the ‘Pause Donations’ batch will check all recurring donations :
- with status ‘On pause’
- with the Next Donation Date same as the current date
- Run Batch Button : run the batch automatically when clicked
- Schedule Batch Button: create a schedule to run the batch every 2 AM Daily.
Predefined Donation Page Templates
Payment Type Field
With the latest version of ProntoGiving, we have deprecated a duplicate field - ASPHPPADDON__Payment_Type__c. This field is a duplicate of ASPHPP__Payment_Type__c.
This change was made in the interests of improving the useability of the product going forward.
However it may have the following impact:
- Reports referencing ASPHPPADDON__Payment_Type__c will need to be updated to use ASPHPPADDON__Payment_Type__c field.
- Previously the ASPHPP__Payment_Type__c was being populated with some slightly different values - eg: “Tokenisation”
- As such your reports may look a bit different for historic data. If you wish, you can update this historic data - by exporting all data which has a value in the ASPHPPADDON__Payment_Type__c field and copying this value across to the ASPHPP__Payment_Type__c field. (Just ensure you turn off any processes that might be set to run on edit of opportunity records.)
- If you have a custom method for creating donations which references this old field you will need to upgrade these as well.