There may be times where the donor wishes to pause their recurring donation for a certain period of time. ProntoGiving has a feature that allows these recurring donations to be paused or even cancelled. The paused payments will automatically resume after the chosen date and this saves you the trouble from making separate opportunities.
Pausing/Unpausing Recurring Donations
- In the top tabs, find and click into the Recurring Donations Object
- Click into the Recurring donation that needs to be paused and on the top right, click on the dropdown arrow to reveal Pause/Unpause Donation button.
- Once the button is clicked, the pop up window will be displayed and in order for the donation to be paused, the Next Donation Date must be filled.
Note: The Next Donation Date is the date in which the Payment will resume i.e in this above case on the 4/10/18 the Donor will be billed.
- Once you click Pause Donation the details will be updated and the Status should be updated to "On Pause"
- At this point the Recurring Donation is officially paused and the donor will not be charged until the "Next Donation Date"
To Unpause a paused donation, follow steps above to get to the Pause/Unpause button. You will see the popup window to unpause donations.
Unpausing using Automatic Scheduling
In ProntoGiving Settings -> Schedule Process -> Settings , you will see the "Pause Donations"
This schedule checks all Recurring Donations with the status "On Pause" that have the "Next Donation Date" same as the current date.
i.e If the "Next Donation Date" is today, the Donation will resume.
If you schedule this Batch to run at 2AM Daily, this Unpausing of Recurring Donations will be automatically scheduled.
Cancelling a Recurring Donation
- Navigate to the Recurring Donation that you wish to cancel using the steps above.
- Once you are at the Status dropdown, you simply select Cancelled and then Save the Recurring Donation.
- If the NPSP Settings are as below, overnight, all future donations will be deleted.
- The Recurring Donation is now cancelled.