If you wish to generate your Annual Tax Statements for Donors who only donated by Recurring Donations and not include their one-off gifts, you can create a new list view under the Contacts/Accounts objects using Last Recurring Donation Date (either within this Financial Year or Last FY, depending on when you are generating the statements). For this article, we will be using the Contacts object.
Create New List View
1. Click on App Launcher and choose Contacts.
2. Once on the Contacts List View page, click on the Gear icon at the top-right corner and click on New.
3. Enter a name for the new List View. List API Name will be automatically populated. Make sure to select All Users can see this list view so other users would be able to use it as well.
4. Choose the filters you would like to use for the list view. Field should be Last Recurring Gift Date and equals LAST FISCAL YEAR (or THIS FISCAL YEAR). This is what you call a relative date filter. Last Fiscal Year starts at 12:00:00 AM on the first day of the fiscal year before the current fiscal year and continues through the end of the last day of that fiscal year. The fiscal quarter is defined on the Fiscal Year page in Setup.
Make sure to click Done to apply the filters. Click Save
5. You can also add another filter for Last Recurring Date equals THIS FISCAL YEAR to include last recurring donations within the current Fiscal Year. (Starts at 12:00:00 AM on the first day of the current fiscal year and continues through the end of the last day of the fiscal year. The fiscal quarter is defined on the Fiscal Year page in Setup) . Click Done.
6. Repeat all steps for the Accounts object.
For instructions on how to generate ATS please visit the link below.