Out of the box Financial Services Cloud has a checkbox on the Account-Contact Relationship object for Primary Member. However many Financial Planners require the ability to denote a Secondary Contact. As such we need the following on the Account object.
The FSCFP package comes with the following fields that need to be added to Page Layouts. Also, they have to be made visible.
- Lookup(Contact) field called Primary Member.
- Lookup(Contact) field called Secondary Member.
ADD PRIMARY SECONDARY MEMBER LOOKUP FIELD ON PAGE LAYOUT
1. Navigate to an Account Page
2. Click on the Setup, click Edit Object
3. This will open up the Account and you can click on Page Layout.
4. Click on Fields and Enter Primary Member on Quick Find box. Click and drag the field to the section where you want to see it.
5. Repeat Steps for the Secondary Member field.
NOTE: Field to be added should start with FSCFP. <name of field>. To check, hover your cursor over the field and a pop up box should appear with more details.
Make Fields Visible
1. Go to Account object and click on Fields & Relationships. Click on the Primary Member field.
2. Click on Set-Field Level Security.
3. Put a check on the profiles you want to make the field available to. Click Save.
4. Repeat steps for Secondary Member field.
Also add the Primary and Secondary member checkboxes on the Account-Contact Relationship
See it in Use
You can edit the Account-Contact Relationship by clicking on the dropdown next to the name of the Person in the Household and clicking on Edit Relationship.
When an Account-Contact Relationship is updated, if the Primary Member checkbox is ticked, it will update the Account Primary Member field to look up to the Contact. If the new Primary Member is also looked up as the Account's Secondary Member, it will remove the Secondary Member lookup.
If the Primary Member field is manually updated to look up a Contact, it will update/create a new Account-Contact Relationship.