These Account Soft Credits can be displayed on an Account using a customisable rollup that is simple to create.
The steps below will show you to create and display the customisable rollup.
Create a new field to show Account Soft Credits
The first thing you need to do is create a new field on your Account object.
1. Go to Setup and the Object Manager and select 'Account'. Choose 'Fields & Relationships' and select 'New'. From the Data Type list choose 'Currency'. Scroll to the bottom and hit 'Next'
2. Make the Field Label 'Total Soft Credit'. Set the length to 16 digits and the decimal places to 2. You can write a description of your new field as 'The Rollup of all Account Soft Credits'.
3. Click Next and then Next and then Save.
Now your field is ready to go, you need to set up the rollup.
1. Go to the NPSP settings app in the app launcher. Click on the dropdown arrow next to 'Donations' and select 'Customizable Rollups'.
2. Ensure that 'Customizable Rollups' is set to Enabled and select the blue button that says 'Configure Customizable Rollups'
3. Click 'New Rollup' and then complete these details: Select 'Account' as the Target Object and 'Soft Credit(Account) Total' as the Target Field. Make sure the Rollup is marked as Active and write a short description in the text box. Then choose 'Sum' for Operation and select a Time Frame.
Make sure the Rollup Type is set to 'Opportunity -> Account (Account Soft Credit). Under the Advanced Customization choose the Amount field as 'Account Soft Credit: Amount'.
4. Now you need to ensure that your Customised Rollup is visible on the Account record. To do this, go to Setup and choose 'Account' from the Object Manager. Then choose 'Page Layouts' and select the page layout you want the rollup to display on.
Select 'Fields' and find your new field labeled 'Soft Credit (Account) Total'. If it isn't already there, drag it onto your page layout under the heading 'Soft Credits'. Press save.
5. Now you have created the Rollup and displayed it on the Account record, you can find it and see your work. Go to an Account and select 'Details'. Scroll down to find the field.