At present, ProntoPayments has a nightly batch job that looks for subscriptions where the next due date is today or earlier. It then attempts to process the payment, and on the receipt of the Success/Fail response, it will create both a PPayment entry and a PPayment Transaction Log.
However, this results in some problems like the following:
1. If there was no response received or ProntoPayment is unable to record the PPayment entry due to an error or for whatever reason, the subscription will process the payment again. This may result to double charges.
2. The client may have a hard time tracking all Pending/Failed PPayment transactions, including the retries.
3. If the current payment attempt reaches the maximum number of retries set in the system, it may not try to process the next scheduled payment.
1. Run Batch Job that checks for all Subscriptions where the "Next Payment Date" is today or earlier.
> Go to ProntoPayment Settings and click on Scheduler.
> Run Batch Create Subscription PPayment.
2. Validation check that the "Next Payment Date" is not earlier than (X) days. Set value in ProntoPayment settings to prevent accidental attempting of a significant number of payments from older transactions.
3. A PPayments transaction record for valid Subscriptions using the date of the "Next Payment Date". This will be automatically created after Batch Job is run. You can view this under the Related tab in Subscription.
4. Update Subscription with a new "Next Payment Date" based on the schedule set on the Subscription.