As a non-profit organisation, you might be raising funds for multiple brands or business units.
You can also add a custom department field to the campaign to track which brand or business unit it is for, and auto populate it on the associated donations, for reporting purposes.
To create the Department field go to Setup | Campaign | Object Manager | Campaign | Fields & Relationships and tick the New button.
The data type is Picklist and Field Label is Department. Enter the values you want in the picklist. Save when done.
Now, will use ProntoEngage to map the department field on the Campaign to the ProntoGiving Department field on the Opportunity. Doing this means that the value will be copied from the campaign, if the Opportunity is created, linked to a campaign with the Department selected.
Campaign to Opportunity Mappings
Open ProntoEngage | Campaign Importer | Campaign - Opportunity Mappings. Select the department field on the campaign field drop down, and the matching ProntoGiving Department field on the Opportunity Field from the drop down lists.
Click Add Mapping button and you will see a notification showing its Success, and the mapped field adde d to the table below.
Now to see it in action. Create a campaign and fill the mapped campaign fields.
- Go to Campaign tab | Click New
- b. Fill in the required information of the Campaign including the Department.
- c. Ensure it is an Active Campaign
- d. Click Save
- Every time an Opportunity is created and link to this Campaign, its Opportunity's Department will be the same as what you have set on the Campaign.
- E.g New Opportunity created and link to the Campaign
- Save when done.
- The Campaign's Department was mapped to the Opportunity's Department.