There are number of elements involved in any campaign architecture and while the details will often vary, most campaigns take form similar to this:
Let’s go through each of the elements in term.
- Create the GAUs- these are the courses where our funds against be allocated, you may already have your GAU set up, if not you’ll have to create it.
- Create one or more campaign entries- If we were to follow the process of creating our example campaign from the previous section, you would follow the steps of:
- 2A- create the master campaign 2020tax
- 2B- create second level campaign entry 2020taxC1
- 2C- create the discrete campaigns for each of the segments e.g. 2020taxc1s1
This campaign creation process would be repeated until your entire campaign architecture was established. As you go each of the final segment campaigns. Potentially linked to the default GAUs that you establish earlier.
- Groups of contacts segmented and allocated to each of the segment campaigns- This is done through creation of campaign member records. There are a number of different ways of creating this campaign member records. Some of which are describe later in this document.
- Responses are received from your supporters and process as gift opportunities in the data base. Each opportunity is linked to a campaign member so that we can measure the responses to each campaign and to one or more GAUs so that we can allocate funds where they were meant to be directed.
Let’s go through setting up each of these objects now.