Campaigns have a hierarchical structure in Salesforce. We use campaign entries both when we wish to create a specific segment in a marketing campaign, and to create the structure of a marketing campaign.
To create a new campaign, follow these steps.
Open the App Launcher and search for Campaigns.
Open the Campaigns app. You will should see a list of existing campaigns.
To create a new campaign, click the New button.
A pop-up window will let you choose what kind of record type you are creating. Since we are creating records for a fundraising campaign, select Fundraising Campaign and then click Next.
First specify the Campaign Name. This is where you insert the code for the campaign e.g. 2020TAXC1S1.
The Active flag should be checked, later on once the campaign has completed you can uncheck this flag to make the campaign inactive. This will remove it from the list of available campaigns during donation entry.
The Type field indicates the type of campaign this entry is for. The options will vary depending upon your organisation’s set up. Generally, if you are establishing a master campaign set a value of
--None--. A direct mail campaign would be set to Direct Mail, an email campaign to Email etc. Have a look at the options available in your org.
In the Parent Campaign field select the parent if this campaign is down the campaign tree. For example, in our earlier campaign structure the 2020TAX campaign would have no parent campaign. The 2020TAXC1 campaign’s Parent Campaign would be 2020TAX. The 2020TAXC1S1 campaign’s parent campaign would be 2020TAXC1 etc.
If your organisation is broken up into departments and this campaign relates to a particular department, then specify that department in the Department field.
The Description field is commonly used to record details of the campaign. For example, it might include details of the selection criteria and solicitation device. This is up to you; your organisation should establish its own polices with regards to this.
The Status can be left as Planned for now, but there are other available options like In Progress, Completed and Aborted.
The Fundraising is P2P flag signifies whether this campaign entry is associated with a peer to peer campaign. This is NOT a P2P campaign so make sure this is not ticked.
The Planning section includes fields for the planning of this campaign or campaign segment. It includes fields such as:
- Start Date - when this particular campaign will commence.
- End Date - when this campaign is expected to complete.
- Num Sent in Campaign - the expected number of mail pieces sent out in the case of a direct mail campaign or number of telemarketing calls in the case of telemarketing campaign.
- Expected Response (%) - the expected response rate for this campaign segment.
- Expected Revenue in Campaign - the expected total revenue to be secured by this campaign segment.
- Budgeted Cost in Campaign - the budgeted cost of all marketing activities including mail printing, postage, telemarketing costs etc., usually excluding design costs.
- Actual Cost in Campaign - is the actual cost of the campaign. This is entered at the completion of the campaign execution.
There are series of other fields available to you to use as well, not all of them need to be completed. Some fields may also have been set up specifically for your org.
Refer to the Salesforce documentation, your system administrator or trainer for further details.
Once you have completed all necessary fields, save your campaign and continue repeating this process until all your campaigns have been created.