What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the world's #1 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. Some of its key features are:
- It is cloud based meaning it can be accessed from almost any computer or device with a web browser, anywhere in the world where you can get internet access.
- It is extendable through apps, just like your smartphone.
- It is highly configurable, meaning it can be customized easily for your organisation’s requirements.
- It is instantly scalable, meaning it can grow as your organisation grows, without significant changes in architecture.
The Salesforce platform has a great number of incredible capabilities out of the box including:
- Contact Management
- Customer Engagement Tools
- Workflow Creation
- Case Management
- Task Management
- Opportunity Management
- Collaboration Tools
- Reports, Dashboards & Analytics
You might have noticed that this list doesn’t include some of the key capabilities that fundraisers need, things like donation processing, receipt production, regular giving and payment processing. That is because Salesforce by itself is not a complete solution for fundraisers. You can configure it to do so, but that’s a lot of work. Fortunately, this is not the end of the story.