The creation of regular gift entries using the Fundraising Accelerator has been covered in the Quick Donation Processing and Batch Donation Processing modules. If you haven’t already completed those modules, please complete them before continuing through this module.
Regular Giving is managed in Salesforce through Recurring Donation Opportunities. There are two main parts to this process:
- A Recurring Donation record is created with details such as the amount, starting date, duration, payment method details, frequency of the gift etc. This recurring donation is linked directly to the Contact or Account record.
- For each individual gift associated with that recurring donation, a separate opportunity will be created. These opportunities will be linked to the main recurring donation and responsible for the transaction processes such as credit clearance and statement generation.
Salesforce produces these sub-opportunities in advance in order to provide certain forecasting and reporting capabilities. The number of opportunities that the platform will automatically create in advance can be configured by your administrator. For example, some organisations might have the system produce the next years’ worth of opportunity records in advance while others might only have the next one. Salesforce will look after producing subsequent opportunities in advance for you automatically, i.e. as each month is processed, a new opportunity will be added to each regular gift.
The Salesforce/Fundraising Accelerator platform provides a range of powerful regular giving management capabilities. These include:
- Multiple Regular Gifts can be created for each Contact/Account
- The organisation can control how many gift opportunities are created in advance for each regular gift
- In advance financial reporting
- A variety of regular giving periods supported e.g weekly, monthly, annually, every 3 months on the 1st day of each month, on the 15th day of each month etc.
- Fixed ending period, fixed total amount, or ongoing duration
- Upgrade and downgrade facilities
- Campaign Management reporting
- Pausing of Regular Gifts
- Updating of payment details e.g expiring credit cards
- A variety of payment methods supported including credit card and direct debit
- Annual tax statement/consolidated statement generation facilities
- Splitting of regular gifts across multiple GAUs
These and many more capabilities are now at your fingertips.
Let’s get started!