How you install the Salesforce app depends on your device:
- For iOS devices can download it from the App Store
- For Android devices and you can download it from Google Play
If you're not able to download Salesforce to your device, your organisation security policies may be blocking installation of the app. Please check with your Salesforce or IT administrators.
Salesforce is also available as a mobile browser app that runs in supported mobile browsers. This option is helpful if you're not able to install a downloadable app on your corporate device. The mobile browser app has most of the same features as the downloadable app, but its interface uses a different set of colours.
Logging in to the Salesforce app is as easy as logging in from any other browser. You just need the usual login details.
The three key details you need to log in in are:
- The web address (or URL) to your org's Salesforce site
- Your standard Salesforce username
- Your (super-secret) Salesforce password
The URL is very important. The login screen is configured to access your org's production Salesforce site, using the login.salesforce.com address. But if you want to log in from a custom address such as your org's single sign-on page, or if you want to connect to your sandbox to do some testing, you need to know the correct web address for the environment.
Note: You can log in to the Salesforce app with the credentials for Your Trailhead Playground org (TP). What’s a TP? It’s a practice environment you use for completing hands-on challenges in Trailhead. Find your TP username and password by following the instructions in this article. Learn more about Trailhead Playground orgs in the Salesforce Platform Basics module.
When you have all your login details, you're ready to log in. Let's walk through it together.
To log in to your production Salesforce site:
Start the app by tapping the Salesforce icon on your home screen. You see the login page.
Enter your Username and Password and then click Log In.
You can optionally tick Remember me to simplify the process the next time you login.
Other Log-In Options
There are a few extra steps to log in to an environment other than production.
For iOS devices:
- On the login page, tap the Settings icon
- Tap + to add the new environment.
- Enter the web address for the environment. And enter a label, like My login page or Sandbox, so you can easily identify the environment. Note: Don’t include https:// when typing the web address.
- Tap Done.
- Select the new environment, then log in.
For Android devices:
- On the login page, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Change Server.
- Tap Add Connection.
- Enter the name and web address of the new environment, then tap Apply. Note: The web address must start with https://.
- Select the new environment, then tap Apply.
- Log in.